We're putting together a talented team to build the world's best calendar
Daybridge is the calendar the world's been waiting for. Unlike traditional calendar apps, it'll be expressive, intuitive, smart, and beautifully designed. Users will be able to add personal context to their plans, better manage their work/life balance, and more easily find time with others.
You'll build Daybridge with us
As one of our first Backend Engineers, you'll help shape both our product and the culture of our company. You'll work closely with Daybridge's founder and CEO, Kieran, who'll give you all the support you need.
Each day is often different, but you'll typically be working with our team to:
- prioritise, build, and test product features, bug fixes, and performance improvements
- decide on the most appropriate system architecture to support new features
- help us operate more efficiently, by building and maintaining our developer tooling and continuous integration pipeline
- instrument and monitor our production environments, and to respond to incidents
Who we're looking for
We're looking for smart, creative, and dependable engineers who want to make their mark at an early-stage company. You should apply if...
- you have strong opinions on how to design, build, and operate consumer-facing products
- you're a good communicator, and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- you're flexible, and enjoy learning new technologies and pitching in on tasks outside of your discipline
- you're excited by the opportunity to join an early-stage team, and to build a culture and company from the ground up
- you're comfortable joining our on-call rota
What experience we're looking for
We're looking for people who:
- have experience designing, building, and operating production systems
- are comfortable navigating and implementing standards and RFCs
- can design and implement performant, secure, and reliable APIs
- have good writing skills, and are able to write clear and concise proposals
- are able to carry projects from an initial idea through to a performant and reliable final implementation
Our technical stack
We use TypeScript as our main language, which allows us to efficiently share code across our frontend and backend. We also use:
- Google Cloud Run for our backend application code
- Google Cloud Firestore (in Datastore mode) for persistent data storage
- Firebase Authentication for identity management
- Google Cloud Pub/Sub for asynchronous messaging
- HashiCorp Terraform for provisioning our infrastructure
- GitHub Actions for continuous integration and deployment
- Docker for packaging up and deploying our backend
We want our interview process to be as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. The first step will be a quick call to discuss the basics of the role and to help decide if we'll be a good fit. We'll then follow up with a coding exercise - or, if you prefer, you can provide us with an interesting piece of code you've already written, which we'll discuss.
There'll also be a one-hour general technical interview (no trick questions or whiteboard exercises), which could either be wrapped into the coding exercise or completed at a later date.
Once the process is finished, we promise to let you know our decision as soon as possible.